This company has no active jobs
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
Regional Resource Officer – Galway Branch
Role Duties & Responsibilities will include:
The provision of front-line information support services to people with Down syndrome, their families and the wider professional community that interact with DSI members by phone, email and face to face.
The development of an information database to include the compilation of contact persons and organisations working in the areas of early development, education, employment, service-provision, individualised funding and health.
The maintenance of a database of Down syndrome members in their region, and the type of services that are being requested and provided to each age group locally.
Establishing and maintaining effective communications within the regional area (branches) and with the National Office of DSI. Communicating the needs of local members and accessing the support of DSI’s national Member Support Team where appropriate.
Providing local support for any national initiatives run by Down Syndrome Ireland, for example providing information and support to schools or active involvement in training and employment projects.
Taking responsibility for local delivery of training programmes developed by the National Member Support Team.
The Regional Officers will also be charged with progressing particular area of priority for the branches in which they work in. This may involve the development and implementation of particular local projects or initiatives.
Requirements (Person Specification):
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and abilities as a minimum requirement:
- A proven track record or appropriate qualification in Community Development, Health / Social Care, Education or Disability.
- Capacity to fulfil the role with confidence, professionalism, empathy and a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- A mature approach to coping with challenging situations.
- A keen understanding and awareness of people with Down syndrome.
- A high level of computer literacy.
Employment Type: Initial 1 year fixed term contract
Hours / Days: part-time – 2 days per week / flexible
Reporting to: Chairperson of Down Syndrome Galway Branch and MST team Leader of DSI National Office
Branch(es): Galway Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland
Location: Unit 3 An Fuaran, Moycullen, Co Galway