Your next role: Accounts Assistant
If you want to make a difference in the battle against climate change and have the ambition to play a key role in the growth of a financial workflow back office that scales globally, then read on. If it’s not for you, share this job with someone who you think it’s made for.
Your next company: Fincovi – venture backed tech enabled financial services for the renewable energy industry
What we do: Fincovi makes managing complex renewable energy financial accounting easy. We minimise the time spent on financial admin by offering a fully outsourced solution to our clients, wind/solar asset managers and funds. We utilise our platform to crunch the data and provide financial outputs and insights to our clients who are looking for consistent, secure and timely information to make decisions on. The challenge to bring all the information into one place and drive very valuable outputs and insights from the data is an ever-evolving technical challenge.
Why we do this: We are renewable energy industry people with an operational efficiency problem! From within the industry (we are former bankers, financial controllers, asset owners, investors) we recognised that managing the financials of wind and solar farms was becoming an issue. The industry is growing at a pace and the platforms to support this growth haven’t been developed yet. So we decided to do something about it and founded fincovi.
We will enable more and more money to flow into the industry, faster, by empowering asset managers and funds to manage larger portfolio of assets and to meet their investor’s expectations when it comes to reporting, compliance and good governance.
The supply chain of finance in this sector can now sleep well at night knowing we are looking after the pennies and there isn’t an excel file in sight! As a result, we are doing our bit to accelerate the adoption of clean renewable energy in the ongoing fight against climate change.
Who we are: The management team are a happy bunch. Some have kids. Some don’t. They bike, swim, run (in the desert at times and others in the middle of the night Mark Wahlberg style!!). The team defines themselves as people who “give a sh1t” about other people and doing things right. We try hard to live this mantra every day, in the way we collaborate with each other, respect each other’s opinions and look after our customers, as if their business was our business.
Where we are: Our office is based in Athlone, less than an hour from Galway and just over an hour from Dublin. We have a small front-of-house team in Dublin as well as a tech team based in India, flexibility is part of our DNA!
Our Hiring Process:
- You read this ad and recognise this is your dream job!
- You send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include examples of problems you have solved for customers, failures you’ve had (we’ve had our share), times you’ve been a leader and things you want to achieve. See more about the role requirements we are looking for below.
- We will be in touch within 72 hours one way or another, and if we like what we see, we will arrange an initial meeting.
- As we are a small company, hiring is very important to us and getting the right fit culturally and professionally is everything to us. So be yourself and be transparent. We will try to do the same.
We need someone who can support our finance team to manage the accounting ledgers for a portfolio of client renewable energy projects. We’re looking for capability and cultural fit, over specific technical skills. You will be responsible for completing the following tasks:-
Accounts payable tasks
- Collate, review and input purchase invoices onto the accounts system;
- Supplier Payments Processing – preparation of payment files / creation of payments on online banking platform for review;
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure our payment processes operate within agreed monthly timelines;
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve any issues that may arise (e.g. invoice / payment / credit note queries);
- Investigate and correct rejected payments;
- Set up new supplier accounts as required;
- Reconcile supplier statements to invoices as required;
- Monitor cash flow to ensure sufficient cash available to pay suppliers;
- Effectively contribute to the company’s control regime by acting vigilant at all times e.g. be aware of possible duplication of invoices, attempted fraud, etc.
- Involvement in system / process updates and implementation of improvements where necessary.
- Import bank statements to accounts software and preparation of bank reconciliations;
- Assist with the onboarding process for new clients;
- Assist with the preparation and submission of RCT and VAT returns;
- Any other duties as required by the team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:-
- Detailed understanding of end to end accounts payable processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Knowledge of RCT and VAT (desirable but not essential);
- A mindset for continuous improvement, bringing fresh ideas to increase efficiency and improve processes to enable us to scale in the future.
This is truly a great opportunity to join a friendly and positive team. We are a small growing team so the successful applicant will have the flexibility and leadership qualities to be one day working with the finance team and the next rolling up their sleeves to test or assist with the specifications for our technical solution.
- Salary Offer TBD
- Hours Per Week 3-5 days
- Salary TBD
- Address Athlone