Primary responsibilities and duties include, however are not limited to, the following:
- Compiles financial information to prepare journal entries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for recording cash activities and preparing monthly reconciliations for various bank accounts.
- Processing cash receipts.
- Prepare bank transfers and prepare associated journal entries.
- Debtors and Creditors control to include monitoring of month end ledgers, settlement and allocation of creditor and debtor payments, monitoring of aged listings.
- Interprets the meaning of financial information and makes accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Prepares expense analyses and other financial statement account reconciliations.
- Prepares/reviews footnote disclosure supporting schedules provided to financial reporting team.
- Assists in preparing supporting schedules for external auditors.
- Assists with special projects as they arise.
- Cooperate with other departments (e.g. Admin and Sales) to ensure the processes are aligned and queries are answered.
- Part Qualified Accountant or Accounting Technician with minimum 2 years accounting experience.
- Proficient computer skills; experience with Sage X3 a plus
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal company deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
- Hours Per Week flexible
- Salary Negotiable
- Address Galway City