Renewable Energy Finance Share Services Centre – Monksland, Athlone, Co Roscommon
Your next role: Accounts Receivable/Payable Technician (AP/AR)
If you want to make a difference in the battle against climate change and have the ambition to play a key role in the growth of a financial workflow back office that scales globally, then read on. If it’s not for you, share this job with someone who you think it’s made for.
Your next company: Fincovi – venture backed tech enabled financial services for the renewable energy industry
What we do: Fincovi makes managing complex renewable energy financial accounting easy. We minimise the time spent on financial admin by offering a fully outsourced solution to our clients, wind/solar asset managers and funds. We utilise our platform to crunch the data and provide financial outputs and insights to our clients who are looking for consistent, secure and timely information to make decisions on. The challenge to bring all the information into one place and drive very valuable outputs and insights from the data is an ever-evolving technical challenge.
Why we do this: We are renewable energy industry people with an operational efficiency problem! From within the industry (we are former bankers, financial controllers, asset owners, investors) we recognised that managing the financials of wind and solar farms was becoming an issue. The industry is growing at a pace and the platforms to support this growth haven’t been developed yet. So we decided to do something about it and founded fincovi.
We will enable more and more money to flow into the industry, faster, by empowering asset managers and funds to manage larger portfolio of assets and to meet their investor’s expectations when it comes to reporting, compliance and good governance.
The supply chain of finance in this sector can now sleep well at night knowing we are looking after the pennies and there isn’t an excel file in sight! As a result, we are doing our bit to accelerate the adoption of clean renewable energy in the ongoing fight against climate change.
Who we are: The management team are a happy bunch. Some have kids. Some don’t. They bike, swim, run (in the desert at times and others in the middle of the night Mark Wahlberg style!!). The team defines themselves as people who “give a sh1t” about other people and doing things right. We try hard to live this mantra every day, in the way we collaborate with each other, respect each other’s opinions and look after our customers, as if their business was our business.
Where we are: Our office is based in Athlone, less than an hour from Galway and just over an hour from Dublin.
Our Hiring Process:
- You read this ad and recognise this is your dream job!
- You send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include examples of problems you have solved for customers, failures you’ve had (we’ve had our share), times you’ve been a leader and things you want to achieve. See more about the role requirements we are looking for below.
- We will be in touch within 72 hours one way or another, and if we like what we see, we will arrange an initial meeting.
- As we are a small company, hiring is very important to us and getting the right fit culturally and professionally is everything to us. So be yourself and be transparent. We will try to do the same.
We need someone who can manage the accounts receivable and payable for a portfolio of renewable energy projects. This will involve working on our AP software which automates a large portion of the process using OCR (invoice reading) to pick out the relevant data from the invoices. Key to the role is the ability to add (or “tag”) invoices with additional information e.g. the relevant contract it’s against or milestone payment. Additional we would expect this person to manage and calculate any invoice deductions like withholding tax, retentions etc.
The same person will prepare pay runs for each renewable energy (wind/solar) project each month. A great team player is required to work with a team of qualified accountants working to close off multiple sets of accounts each month.
We’re looking for an experienced AP/AR who is adaptable to work within our tech enabled financial services company. We also need to make sure you’re a cultural fit for us as company in high growth.
In terms of what our customers and we want, rather than a long list of responsibilities and requirements:-
- Our customers like timely and accurate processing of data on their projects which means the right candidate has a eye for detail, works methodically and ensures fincovi’s internal AP/AR processes are followed and continuously improved.
- Our customers are spread across the globe and, as an industry specific financial services centre, we will have many companies to manage and invoices to process/payments to be made for/from these companies – so process and controls are important to us
- Our ability to scale depends on how well we can automate processes, keep reporting quality high and meet our deadlines. As part of the fincovi team you will be integral in ensuring our technology platform development is aligned to the overall goals of the organisation.
- Our customers want seamless payment of invoices by us verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorisation of payments.
- Our customers need bank recs, so we need to reconcile statements and transactions in our system.
- Our customers want a high level of security so we need to follow internal accounting controls.
Obviously an experienced AP/AR person is required, preferably in a financial shared services environment, or working with funds is a big plus for us but not essential. Our dream candidate has a good mix of AP/AR experience and interpersonal skills. We are a growing team so the successful applicant will have the adaptability to work across different systems and change as the business evolves.
- Salary Offer DOE
- Hours Per Week 20+
- Salary DOE
- Address Athlone