If you want to make a difference in the battle against climate change and have the ambition to play a key role in the growth of a financial workflow back office that scales globally, then read on. If it’s not for you, share this job with someone who you think it’s made for.
Your next company: Fincovi – venture backed tech enabled financial services for the renewable energy industry
What we do: Fincovi makes managing complex renewable energy financial accounting easy. We minimise the time spent on financial admin by offering a fully outsourced solution to our clients, wind/solar asset managers and funds. We utilise our platform to crunch the data and provide financial outputs and insights to our clients who are looking for consistent, secure and timely information to make decisions on. The challenge to bring all the information into one place and drive very valuable outputs and insights from the data is an ever-evolving technical challenge.
Why we do this: We are renewable energy industry people with an operational efficiency problem! From within the industry (we are former bankers, financial controllers, asset owners, investors) we recognised that managing the financials of wind and solar farms was becoming an issue. The industry is growing at a pace and the platforms to support this growth haven’t been developed yet. So we decided to do something about it and founded fincovi.
We will enable more and more money to flow into the industry, faster, by empowering asset managers and funds to manage larger portfolio of assets and to meet their investor’s expectations when it comes to reporting, compliance and good governance.
The supply chain of finance in this sector can now sleep well at night knowing we are looking after the pennies and there isn’t an excel file in sight! As a result, we are doing our bit to accelerate the adoption of clean renewable energy in the ongoing fight against climate change.
Who we are: The management team are a happy bunch. Some have kids. Some don’t. They bike, swim, run (in the desert at times and others in the middle of the night Mark Wahlberg style!!). The team defines themselves as people who “give a sh1t” about other people and doing things right. We try hard to live this mantra every day, in the way we collaborate with each other, respect each other’s opinions and look after our customers, as if their business was our business.
Where we are: Our office is based in Athlone, less than an hour from Galway and just over an hour from Dublin. We have a small front-of-house team in Dublin as well, flexibility is part of our DNA!
Our Hiring Process:
- You read this ad and recognise this is your dream job!
- You send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include examples of problems you have solved for customers, failures you’ve had (we’ve had our share), times you’ve been a leader and things you want to achieve. See more about the role requirements we are looking for below.
- We will be in touch within 72 hours one way or another, and if we like what we see, we will arrange an initial meeting.
- As we are a small company, hiring is very important to us and getting the right fit culturally and professionally is everything to us. So be yourself and be transparent. We will try to do the same.
We need someone who can manage the accounting ledgers for a portfolio of client renewable energy projects. This will involve managing the information cut off, closing off AP / AR, posting journals, balance sheet recs and issuing our clients with a wow report.
We’re looking for capability and cultural fit, over specific technical skills. So, we’ll put it out there in terms of what our customers and we want, rather than a long list of responsibilities and requirements:-
- Our customers like timely and accurate financial data on their projects which means the right candidate has a eye for detail, works methodically and ensures fincovi’s internal R2R processes are followed and continuously improved.
- Our customers want key data insights, you will learn the inner workings of a renewable energy special purpose vehicle working hand-in-hand with the Head of Financial Workflow to ensure consistency and clarity across all of our assets.
- Our customers are spread across the globe and have different compliance requirements and our R2R accountant will work with our internal & external tax colleagues to ensure quality compliance.
- Our customers need their annual external audit to go smoothly and you will be responsible for making the process as painless as possible collating all the required information, overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts to local or US GAAP standards and ensuring an efficient delivery of information to the nominated auditors.
- Our ability to scale depends on how well we can automate processes, keep reporting quality high and meet our deadlines. As part of the fincovi team you will be integral in ensuring our technology platform development is aligned to the overall goals of the organisation.
Obviously a professional accounting qualification is a must for this role (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA). Experience in a back-office environment or working with funds is a big plus for us but not essential. Our dream candidate has a good mix of accounting talent and interpersonal skills, We are a small growing team so the successful applicant will have the flexibility and leadership qualities to be one day working with the finance team and the next rolling up their sleeves to test or assist with the specifications for our technical solution.
- Hours Per Week 3 days - flexible
- Salary DOE